MFC req for 5.x/5.3

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Thu Oct 28 18:08:26 PDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 04:21:08PM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Daniel Eischen wrote:

> >>commit message was:
> >>1. Move thread list flags into new separate member, and atomically
> >>  put DEAD thread on GC list, this closes a race between pthread_join
> >>  and thr_cleanup.
> >>2. Introduce a mutex to protect tcb initialization, tls allocation and
> >>  deallocation code in rtld seems no lock protection or it is broken,
> >>  under stress testing, memory is corrupted.
> >>
> >>translates to:
> >>

> [diff removed]
>

> >Yes, these look right.

Ok.  If you have done a complete buildworld/installworld test on
RELENG_5 with the patches you sent please MFC it to RELENG_5 and
RELENG_5_3.  If you haven't done a complete buildworld/installworld
test with these patches please just MFC to RELENG_5 and let me know,
I'll test it there before we do the jump to RELENG_5_3.  Sorry for
being this jumpy about it but this does look like a slightly
complicated MFC.  It looks like there had been other changes to
libpthread/thread between the RELENG_5 branch and now that you are not
MFC-ing at this point.  I need to do tags slips with what hits
RELENG_5_3 so I need to be a bit careful with what gets that far.  And
I know not everyone has a ton of machines around they can test the
various stages on so if it's a bit hard for you to do the full
buildworld/installworld tests I can take care of that for you.

Thanks.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu