FreeBSD5.3-RC1 MySQL Performance

Mike Makonnen mtm at identd.net
Fri Oct 22 08:42:37 PDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 12:36:31AM +0300, Petri Helenius wrote:
> jesk wrote:
>
> >the benchmark is executing 1000 sql-select queries*10 concurrent clients on
> >a 90k row table with a random not really high cacheable where-statement on
> >the index:
> >----
> >15985 queries per second
> >(pthreads without process scope threads, sched_4bsd and preemption)
> >6139   queries per second
> >(pthreads with process scope threads, sched_4bsd and preemption)
> >10779 queries per second
> >(linuxthreads, sched_4bsd and preemption)
> >fedora result:
> >11900 queries per second
> >----
> >

> >maybe someone got some hints for improvement of this situation...
> >

> Do you have any idea why process scope threads are faster than system
> scope threads? My gut feeling is that it should be exactly opposite.

I think you're reading it wrong: 'pthreads without process scope threads'
					   ^^^^^^^
gets 15985 qps whereas 'with process scope threads' it only gets 6139 qps.

Cheers.
--
Mike Makonnen  | GPG-KEY: http://www.identd.net/~mtm/mtm.asc
mtm at identd.net | Fingerprint: AC7B 5672 2D11 F4D0 EBF8  5279 5359 2B82 7CD4 1F55