[..] Assertion fails in libpthread/sys/lock.c

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Tue Oct 5 12:45:09 PDT 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Daniel Eischen wrote:

Hi,

> > this is about the same place I have seen my crashes with the
> > invalid kse_mailbox in the bt:
>
> Ivan mentioned in one of the referenced postings he was using nvidia
> drivers and libraries (openGL).  Libpthread is not compatible with these
> (at least older  drivers and libraries -- it really is the nvidia openGL
> library I believe that is causing the problem).  No matter what you

no such thing here. no X; only serial console and ssh on one PIV/HT
enabled.

> put in /etc/libmap.conf, there is no work-around other than to try the
> latest nvidia drivers (which aren't thread-safe) or to use Xorg/XFree86
> drivers (and be sure to remove nvidia's openGL).
>
> As I believe I asked you before, are you getting any warnings from the kernel
> about static LDT allocations?

*upps* sorry. No, no such things - at least none in dmesg and not in
out or err log of the process.

--- dmesg ---
em0: Link is up 100 Mbps Full
lex
pid 4057 (foo), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
pid 4126: corrected slot count (2->1)
pid 5810 (foo), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
--- dmesg ---