Question about our default pthread stack size

Daniel Eischen deischen at freebsd.org
Fri Nov 19 08:01:56 PST 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Alexander Nedotsukov wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> After squashing yet another "too small thread stack size" bug in
> software developed on Linux. I decided to ask gurus for the comment. Why
> we still insist that 64K is good enough for 32bit archs? I do understand

I suggested we double the stack size for 64-bit archs (making it
128K).  I could see going to 256K for 32-bit and 512K for 64-bit.

We haven't worried too much about stack size since everything
has been running with libc_r for years without too many problems
and it's been using the same stack size.

--
DE