MySQL 4.0.18 server problem on FreeBSD 5.2-Current

Alex Dupre ale at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 23 09:35:30 PST 2004

Daniel Eischen wrote:

> Does the perl script I sent you utilize tcp connections?  If so,
> then yes they work.  I was running the script on the same system
> as the server.

In fact it doesn't use tcp connections. That script use the local socket
connections. To test remote tcp connections you have to create a new
mysql user that can connect from any host and then use "mysql -h <ip>"
to connect (even on the same system, but using the real ip).
So I'm quite sure it'll not work for you.

--
Alex Dupre