threads and libstdc++ on FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE

Dag-ErlingSmørgrav des at des.no
Mon Mar 15 08:30:53 PST 2004

"Alex Kotov" <al_kotov at yahoo.com> writes:
> Let me guess: you're using 5.2.1-CURRENT or link the application against
> kse and not the lc_r?

I assume this is addressed to me.  In the future, please quote the
message you're replying to, or at least include its message id in your

I am running -CURRENT, not 5.2.1, and I used the exact command line
shown in the PR.

> I will try kse today but problem is easy to reproduce: just copy & paste
> the source into the test.cc and build it as specified on top of it. When
> you will try to start the binary you will get "Segmentation fault (core
> dumped)".

Like I said, I am unable to reproduce this.  The program runs fine.

If I change the gcc command line to use -lc_r instead of -pthread, it
does dump core, but initializing tt to NULL fixes that.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no