threads and libstdc++ on FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE

Alex Kotov al_kotov at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 06:54:08 PST 2004

Can anybody answer something about this:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=64231 ?

I should add that:
    1) problem exists since FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE at least and
        affects both gcc 2.95.4 (as supplied with 4.9-RELEASE)
        and gcc-3.3.3 (clean package without any patches
        as downloaded from ftp.gnu.org).
    2) stlport do not fix the problem - only some of the symptoms.

I should notice that same code on Linux with same compiler (gcc 3.3.3)
and linuxthreads (2.2.4 and later as I can check) works correctly.

Tracing tools like truss/strace/ltrace do not show any valueable
information.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

SY,
Alex Kotov