threads stress test

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Mon Mar 1 21:21:47 PST 2004

I've been using the ping-pong test program described in:

   http://wwws.sun.com/software/whitepapers/solaris9/multithread.pdf

  to test out Suleiman Souhal's PPC libthr patches.

  I just took out sledge (AMD64) with this when linking against
libpthread and running with '-v -i 10000'. Not sure if it happens
on i386, but maybe KSE developers might want to give it a try.
Source is at:

   http://www.freebsd.org/~grehan/pp.c

  WRT libthr, ctl-C from the shell doesn't seem to get through when
running this program (verified on panther/sparc64), although libpthread
does the right thing.

  Oops, just took out panther when running with libthr after doing
some libpthread testing. Definitely worth a try !

later,

Peter.