Possible Threading problem with -CURRENT / MySQL?

mike mike at mike2k.com
Mon Jun 14 19:44:17 GMT 2004

welcome to our hell. we've been experiencing mysql problems on freebsd 5.x
as well. it sounds like scheduler/threading is to blame but we were not
able to give sufficient or proper motivation to the folks who could
examine this deeper - we even offered $500 cash to whomever stepped up to
help resolve this.

linux runs almost 2x as fast on the same hardware with no configuring -
and we get nearly the same results running in single CPU mode vs. dual CPU
mode on fbsd... something is definately fubar with the mysql+fbsd5.x
combination.