NPTL test failures with KSE

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Mon Jan 12 22:00:11 PST 2004

Hi,

Just for kicks, I started looking at some of the
tests included with the new Linux Native Posix Threading Library (NPTL).

I cobbled together a Makefile that links -lkse, and edited test-skeleton.c so
that the tests would compile on FreeBSD.  The attached file
has 4 tests which fail:

tst-cancelx2:
  Didn't expect signal from child: got `Segmentation fault'

tst-cancel12:
  thread not canceled

tst-mutex3:
  4th mutex_unlock didn't return EPERM

tst-stack2:
     Fatal error 'Thread has returned from _thread_switch'
     at line 1095 in file /usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_kern.c (errno = 0)
     Didn't expect signal from child: got `Abort trap'

Any idea if these failures point to problems in KSE, or if the
tests are bogus?

Thanks.

--
Craig Rodrigues