Release criteria for libkse -> libpthread switch?

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Wed Jan 7 03:27:32 PST 2004

Craig Rodrigues wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Dan Eischen has been periodically testing with ACE, which works quite well
>with libkse.  Are there other representative multithreaded applications
>which need to be tested?  If so, which ones?

I´ve been experimenting with running mysql-4.0 and it still seems to
have issues
with signal handling. If the database is idle, shutdown works properly but
if there is load on the database, shutting down never happens unless
forced with SIGKILL.

Unfortunately I haven´t had the time to debug this further, just
periodically
updated both mysql and world to see if this would go away but it hasn´t.

I´d be happy to provide more detail if somebody would point me to the
direction
where to look at.

Pete