Wine and CURRENT

Brian Rogers burpmaster at truffula.net
Fri Aug 20 19:52:42 PDT 2004

Anish Mistry wrote:

>I've managed to get the post May versions on wine to be able to mmap their memory properly by patching our mmap implementation (see current mailling list)

Great!

>but I'm having the following problem that I can't figure out:
>
>Fatal error 'Uninitialized mutex in pthread_mutex_trylock_basic' at line 474
>in file /usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_mutex.c (errno = 0)

Wine doesn't like being linked to libpthread, and that happens through
winearts.drv.so and the libraries that use OpenGL.  To deal with OpenGL,
I mapped libpthread to libc (not libc_r, wine doesn't like that either)
for libGL.so, effectively canceling it out.  You can avoid
winearts.drv.so by disabling sound in the wine config or switching to a
different audio driver.

Alternatively, you can just use wine-pthread.  It actually works, and it
doesn't have a problem with libpthread.  You just have to "cd loader &&
gmake wine-pthread" to build it.