gdb and kse

Christopher M. Sedore cmsedore at maxwell.syr.edu
Sun Sep 28 19:08:46 PDT 2003

I'm beginning some work that utilizes kse-based threads.  I've been trying to use gdb for debugging, with very limited success.  In some instances, gdb does as one would expect (catching segvs, etc), most of the time, however, if the program segvs, the process just hangs and gdb sits there (the threads show state as "STOP" in top).  In some cases, hitting control-c on will bring gdb back to life, but things are not right.

Breakpoints don't work, either.  I'm running 5.1-CURRENT-20030925-JPSNAP.

Is gdb currently working with kse threads?  I asked google about gdb and kse, but got little useful information; any pointers or help would be appreciated.

(Also, are there docs on kse and what is/isn't threadsafe?  I'm taking segfaults in gethostbyname, and I don't think it is my doing.)

Redirects happily accepted as well,

-Chris