libkse and bus error

Morten Rodal morten at rodal.no
Sun Oct 19 22:52:09 PDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 12:30:11AM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> It seems to work OK here.  I can start it; I'm not sure what to do with
> it once it's started, but it does start consistently.
>
>   $ pkg_which dc-qt
>   dctc-gui-qt-0.0.6
>   $ uname -a
>   FreeBSD sirius 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #10: Sun Oct 12 12:48:45 EDT 2003
>     root at sirius:/usr/obj/opt/FreeBSD/src/src/sys/sirius  i386

You probably flipped a coin as to which of the two dc*gui* ports to
install.  At least from the name it seems as if this is the dctc-gui,
which I do not have.  I picked the net/dcgui (which brings in
net/dclib where the actual threading class is).

> This is on an SMP system.

I too am running a SMP system.  But since we have established a sort
of conclusion that I won't have KSE support fully working until:

  a)  nvidia fixes their driver
  b)  I get the X11 driver to work with my monitor

I think we can just forget about this problem and focus on other
things :)

--
Morten Rodal