Implementing TLS: step 1

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Fri Jun 20 00:23:51 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 12:02:38AM -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:

> You guys are missing something.
>
> Daniel's earlier point about the IA64 documentation not
> specifying that the TP point to TLS, rather than a data
> structure that contains a pointer to TLS is correct (from
> my reading of both references posted by Marcel).

Most of the discussions in the psABI describe dynamic TLS.
As I emphasized in the first post in this thread, step 1
is about implementing the static TLS model. There's hardly
any reference to that in the psABI, other than the access
sequence from which it is implied that the thread pointer
points to the TLS (with an offset of -16).

 Marcel Moolenaar	  USPA: A-39004		 marcel at xcllnt.net