libc_r silliness

Terry Lambert tlambert2 at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 8 03:37:08 PDT 2003

Daniel Eischen wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, John Baldwin wrote:
> > > I don't really know how to handle this.  We can wrap
> > > sched_get_priority_{min,max}(), but how do we know whether
> > > the application wants process priorities or thread
> > > priorities?
> >
> > Ugh.  Perhaps the manpage should at least be updated to not
> > reference the macros.  What does POSIX say about the confusion
> > between sched_get_priority_{min,max}?
>
> Sure, update the man pages if you want ;-)
>
> I have not found anything yet regarding sched_get_priority_{min,max}
> confusion in the POSIX spec...

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/functions/sched_get_priority_max.html

The functions take a policy parameter; they are supposed to
return "appropriate" values, which I took to mean "appropriate
to the policy parameter supplied at the time they were called":

	int sched_get_priority_max(int policy);
	int sched_get_priority_min(int policy);

	The sched_get_priority_max() and sched_get_priority_min()
	functions shall return the appropriate maximum or minimum,
	respectively, for the scheduling policy specified by policy.

-- Terry