Call for thread testers

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Wed Aug 27 14:06:20 PDT 2003

Sean Chittenden wrote:

>>MySQL

I´ve been running MySQL 4.0 on our test-boxes with libc_r mapped to
libkse for a few months now,
not too heavy a load but after the signals got fixed a few months ago I
haven´t detected issues.

>>Others?

Is there a reason why libmap.conf is not enabled by default?

>What's the current status of KSE?  Is the project page
>(http://www.FreeBSD.org/kse/) considered up to date by the KSE
>developers?  Are the remaining bits for KSE either bug related or
>dealing with ARCH != x86?  Are there any remaining/outstanding
>"gotchas"/bugs on the radar/problems that the KSE developers are aware
>of?

I´ve been happy with KSE since mutexes got their pre-emption points, now
SMP and SMPwHTT
seem to really gain more speed above and beyond c_r and uniprocessor
environment.

Can´t wait to get the 8-way Opteron boxes to give them a spin.

Pete