vmark hangs with libthr and libkse

David Xu davidxu at viatech.com.cn
Mon Aug 25 21:00:33 PDT 2003

Jeff Roberson wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, David Xu wrote:
>

>>Sheldon Hearn wrote:

>>>Does Jeff know about your patch?  Perhaps he'd be willing to review and
>>>commit, since he's the original author of SCHED_ULE.
>>>

>>No,  I think he does not know the patch.
>>Please don't commit it,  there is a performance problem, after each time
>>a thread is exited,
>>I must exit a kse and then let scheduler reinitialized it. In general, I
>>needn't manage a struct kse,
>>it should be a scheduler internal data.
>>

>Why do you need to do adjustrunqueue() in sched_prio?  I also don't
>understand the case in sched_switchout().  Can you please explain that?

adjustrunqueue maintains kg_last_assigned and related things, when a
thread's priority is changed,
the thread might no longer can be in scheduler's run queue,  instead it
will be in ksegrp's runqueue,
because there is higher priority thread, and a KSE it attached should be
detached now, and the KSE
will attach to another higher priority thread, ULE ignores this
requirement, as I can understand,
ULE is only aware of  1:1 between KSE and thread.
It would be nice if scheduler interface is thread aware but not kse aware.