vmark hangs with libthr and libkse

Sheldon Hearn sheldonh at starjuice.net
Wed Aug 20 23:57:34 PDT 2003

On (2003/08/20 16:11), Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> > Any messages on the console or break-to-debugger info?  Are you using
> > SCHED_4BSD or SCHED_ULE?
>
> I think it was SCHED_4BSD.  I scribbled the panic down on a piece of
> paper, but can't find it now.  *sigh*

Nope, it's SCHED_ULE.

> > > I just do what my old man told me when I complained that banging my head
> > > against the wall hurt...  "Don't do that, then". :-)
> >
> > No, please do that and give us some more info.  We claim there
> > are no bugs in libkse, so it's up to you to prove us wrong :-)
>
> Okay, let me finish my work, sync my disks and give it another whirl
> this afternoon. :-)

I tried with libkse and now I don't even get a useful panic.  Just "page
fault" and disk sync!

I've found my scrap of paper, though.  Here's what I got last week:

fault virtual address	= 0x0
code			= supervisor write, page not present
processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= 4 (g_down)

I don't have DDB in my kernel

I could reinstall a kernel with DDB enabled.  But then what do I do when
I get my "page fault" followed by disk sync?

I realize that the person seeing the problem is usually the person who
should diagnose it, but I'm under hard pressure on a deadline for work.

Perhaps someone else with a bit more free time could try this out?

Ciao,
Sheldon.