svn commit: r283166 - vendor/atf/dist/atf-sh

Brad Davis brd at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 21 15:09:23 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 11:40:47PM -0700, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 10:11 PM, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Craig, et al,
> >         Thank you. I???m sorry it took me so long to get to this ???
> > especially because it . I???ll try to do better next time.
> >         Now all that remains is fixing the port (which is where the bulk
> > majority of the errors come from in the first place, not the test in the
> > base system :(..!!!).
> > Thanks,
> > -NGie
> >

> Thanks, unfortunately since you have been the main person in terms
> of importing more ATF tests into the FreeBSD tree from various sources
> like NetBSD and getting them to work,
> we depend on you.
>
> Have you managed to get any of your colleagues at your current job,
> or any other open source developers interested
> in ATF and FreeBSD tests, so that we can pull in more people and distribute
> the load?
>
> In the place that I am currently working in, I completely failed in my
> attempts to
> be a proponent for ATF and kyua and attract new developers. :(
>
> The documentation and examples for ATF/kyua were not as good
> as for other frameworks like CUnit and pytest, so that was the main blocker
> for me.
> Also, every person who talked to me couldn't figure out how to pronounce
> "kyua".

Did anyone ever hear about getting ATF/Kyua out from under Google? Last
time I submitted a pull request Julio asked me to sign some Google
agreement. Which I am not interested in doing and I suspect is keeping
other people interested in working on ATF/Kyua away as well.

Regards,
Brad Davis