Create freebsd-testing-results@ list for Jenkins results?

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Thu May 21 07:49:08 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 11:55 PM, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya at gmail.com>
wrote:

> One thing that I forgot to mention...
>
> On May 20, 2015, at 23:34, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> So Jenkins is doing its job, even if it annoys some people and makes
> some
> >> people
> >> like Steve Kargl unhappy.
> >>
> >> What we can consider doing is reducing the number of lines in the e-mall
> >> notification,
> >> to prevent very large e-mails from being sent to the list.  There may be
> >> tunables
> >> in Jenkins that we can look at for this.  That is worth exploring.
>
> Most of the complaints revolve around size and volume of the emails. The
> volume of the emails can’t be easily fixed (except if the code’s fixed),
> but the size can be.
>
> I’m looking into it too to see if I can find anything to reduce the email
> length in Jenkins…
>
> Thanks!

A solution may be to send a link of the results . This will reduce e-mail
to at most a few sentences which a fixed mail template may be used .

Now phones and tablets are in wide use which they are not very suitable to
receive long e-mails .

To overcome this difficulty , if FreeBSD mailing lists includes in each
mail a link in the mailing list archives of the message itself , even it
may not be necessary to reproduce each mail in subsequent mails .  Only
referencing its link will be sufficient .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk