Running tests as a developer prior to commit

Alfred Perlstein alfred at freebsd.org
Tue Feb 24 21:16:51 UTC 2015

On 2/24/15 3:04 PM, Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 9:58 PM, Alfred Perlstein <alfred at freebsd.org
> <mailto:alfred at freebsd.org>> wrote:
>

>     On 2/23/15 11:00 PM, Allan Jude wrote:
>

>         Doesn't phabricator have some hooks to launch tests of a
>         "proposed"
>         patch? This could help catch the errors before they are committed
>

>     Yes we should hook that.
>

> There is a blog post which describes this type of workflow with
> Phabricator:
> http://www.dctrwatson.com/2013/01/jenkins-and-phabricator/
>
> It's not like we need a magician or warlock to put this together, but
> somone
> has to write the code to do the integration.
Last I checked I'm not on cluster admin or anything admin because people
are afraid I would turn the cluster into a social networking backend for
a dating website (or ascii generator) so I am really not in a position
to do anything about this.

By the way, is Phabricator open to the wild yet?  Like is it anywhere
close to github?  Or is it still closed door?

-Alfred