GSoC Idea: Working on modernizing the tests of ATF

Alan Somers asomers at freebsd.org
Sun Mar 16 23:44:52 UTC 2014

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Anastasios Mag <anastmag at gmail.com> wrote:
> over here
>
> "For the impatient:
>

>     $ ./configure
>     $ make
>     $ make check
>     Gain root privileges
>     # make install
>     Drop root privileges
>     $ make installcheck
> "
>
> when i run "./configure" nothing happens. There is only one file
> related to configure named "configure.ac" but it isn't executable.

Sounds like you checked out from git.  You should only do that if you
are developing on Kyua itself.  If not, you can install Kyua from
ports like Julio said.  Failing that, you can install from one of the
downloads on github.  But if you really want to work on the head from
git, read the INSTALL file.  It will tell you to run "autoreconf -i
-s" before "./configure".

-Alan