Generating Kyua test result output in JUnit XML format for Jenkins integration?

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 16 04:58:14 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 9:38 PM, Julio Merino <jmmv at meroh.net> wrote:

>>> 3. Add a new module with the JUnit XML formatting code.
>>
>> I think that these are all fine goals.
>> I might be able to help with 3.
>
> If you want to try that's cool, but if you can provide me some sample
> outputs and a pointer to the schema I will do this sometime soon.

Nice!  Sounds like you are off to the races.
Are these links enough to get you started?

http://nose2.readthedocs.org/en/latest/plugins/junitxml.html
https://svn.jenkins-ci.org/trunk/hudson/dtkit/dtkit-format/dtkit-junit-model/src/main/resources/com/thalesgroup/dtkit/junit/model/xsd/junit-4.xsd
http://windyroad.com.au/dl/Open%20Source/JUnit.xsd

Once you start generating JUnit XML output, it is quite easy to test
this in Jenkins by doing (under FreeBSD):

(1)  pkg install devel/jenkins
(2)  add jenkins_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf
(3)  service jenkins start
(4)  import the XML via the web interface:
http://blog.zuehlke.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/configure_unit_test_results-755x266.png

If you don't want to spend time on setting up Jenkins, you can
certainly send any sample XML outputs
to jenkins-admin at freebsd.org and we can test those for you.

--
Craig