Makefile.inc1.patch

Garrett Cooper yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 21:00:43 UTC 2014

On Jan 23, 2014, at 12:56 PM, Alan Somers <asomers at freebsd.org> wrote:

>>> Oh yeah... It's that chicken and egg issue due to ATF now being controlled by MK_TESTS==yes... There's more to this patch I need to provide you in order for things to work...
>>
>>        Here’s the working patch. The difference between this one and the prior version is that you have to explicitly override -DNO_TESTS when building lib/atf* (Simon: do you have any comments?):
>>
>> -.if ${MK_TESTS} != "no"
>> +.if defined(WITH_ATF) || ${MK_TESTS} != "no"
>> +# Make sure WITH_ATF overrules -DNO_TESTS
>> +.if !defined(WITH_ATF)
>> +MAKE+=         -DWITH_ATF
>> +.endif
>>
>>        I unrolled most of the local changes to Makefile.inc1 on my github fork so it’ll be easier to spot if you diff it against my tree.
>> Thanks!
>> -Garrett
>
> Shouldn't that be "WITH_TESTS" instead of "WITH_ATF"?  Those options
> got combined awhile back.

	Unfortunately no. The chicken and the egg problem I ran into is like so:
1. make libraries shouldn’t build tests (in particular it will bomb if it tries to build something that needs to link against libatf*.so). This isn’t a problem today, but will become a problem when lib/libc/tests is pushed back to FreeBSD.
2. lib/atf needs to be installed sooner so atf-check, etc link properly.
	This wasn’t a chicken and egg problem until the two knobs were merged…
Thanks!
-Garrett