PATCH: fix "WITH_TESTS=yes make installworld" on amd64

Julio Merino julio at meroh.net
Thu Jan 23 00:01:09 UTC 2014

On Jan 21, 2014, at 13:00, Alan Somers <asomers at freebsd.org> wrote:

> I finally found the problem.  Make was trying to install tests during
> the install32 phase.  During this phase, it adds "lib32" to
> MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX, so it can't find the tests, which were never built
> with that prefix.  The command worked fine when I ran it under "make
> buildenv", because that uses the normal MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX.
>
> I'm not sure what prevented the tests from being built during the
> lib32 build phase, but this patch will disable tests during both
> building and installing 32 bit libraries.
>
> At work, we never noticed this problem in our SpectraBSD branch
> because we set WITHOUT_LIB32=1 in /etc/src.conf.
>

> Does this patch look ok?

Yes it does.  Can you commit and merge into stable/10 please?

(This is the issue I mentioned in your other email a little bit earlier, before seeing this other email.  Glad to see we reached the same conclusion :-)

You'll notice that the testing cluster was cheating on this area if you look at line 17 below :-P

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/user/jmmv/autotest/node/configs/kyua1/head.conf?revision=260453&view=markup