Fixing the build with TESTS

Garrett Cooper yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 17:15:14 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Julio Merino <julio at meroh.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 05:52:29PM -0800, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>> I fixed this on my branch some time ago. See this patch for more
>> details (from http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-toolchain/2013-April/000804.html
>> ) : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-toolchain/attachments/20130424/c44daa61/attachment.obj
>> .
>>
>> If you change the former patch to refer to lib/atf instead of
>> lib/atf/libatf-c, things will just work too is the order is properly
>> specified in lib/atf :).
>>
>> I've attached entire up-to-date patch set, just for simplicity.
>
> I like your approach more.  However, it seems that your change to
> bsd.own.mk could be better handled by the existing NO_* functionality,
> couldn't it?
>
> Updated the two patches and descriptions accordingly.
> Please take another look!

It's a little bit trickier than that; my updated diff doesn't take
bmake into account as I was able to unbmake-ify atf.tests.mk,
bsd.tests.mk, and bsd.progs.mk.

The original diff for bsd.own.mk looked like this:

+# bsd.test.mk doesn't work with !bmake. Also don't build tests if NO_TESTS is
+# defined; this is for buildworld and elsewhere (ports potentially).
+.if defined(.PARSEDIR) && !defined(NO_TESTS)
+__DEFAULT_NO_OPTIONS+=TESTS
+.else
+MK_TESTS:= no
+.endif

But I agree, yes.. that's no longer necessary on my branch.

Thanks!
-Garrett