FBSD 10.0 USB Memstick Loader hangs on HP EliteBook 2740p

CeDeROM cederom at tlen.pl
Wed Aug 20 07:29:26 UTC 2014

Hello :-)

Loader of the FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE AMD64 hangs on load in random
moments when booting FreeBSD-10.0-RELEASE-amd64-memstick.img on HP
EliteBook 2740p. There is no problem on other machines, the problem
does not allow kernel to load and boot, I have tried other USB sticks,
BIOS update does not change anything. I have booted 64bit both Win7
and Linux from USB drive with success. There is no optical drive, so
the only alternative would be to use pxe install, I will try the
loader and let you know back if this is anything USB related or rather
Loader/Hardware problem..

How the loader problem can be traced back? I can enter boot command prompt :-)

Any hints appreciated :-)

Tomek