bin/172847: bsdinstall(8): missing boot loader location selection (MBR, root slice/partition)

J B jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 10:30:02 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR bin/172847; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: J B <jb.1234abcd at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Subject: Re: bin/172847: bsdinstall(8): missing boot loader location selection
 (MBR, root slice/partition)
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:21:15 +0200

 Well, here you go:
 http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=172926&cat=
 "(I hope that this problem isn't just down to pilot error. I don't think
 that it is, and I can't imagine anything that I missed doing during the
 second install. I don't recall having been asked during that process
 whether or not the FreeBSD MBR boot loader should or should not be
 installed into the MBR.)"