bin/161923: 9.0 bsdinstall games & ports install options

Nathan Whitehorn nwhitehorn at freebsd.org
Sun Oct 23 15:08:28 UTC 2011

On 10/23/11 07:50, Bruce Cran wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR bin/161923; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Bruce Cran<bruce at cran.org.uk>
> To: Joe barbish<fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com>
> Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: bin/161923: 9.0 bsdinstall games&  ports install options
> Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 13:40:52 +0100
>
>   On 23/10/2011 10:07, Joe barbish wrote:
>   >  The sysinstall procedure asks the user two different time if they want to install the ports collection. BDSinstall should at least make it mandidtory to purposesly click on the ports option to install them.
>
>   This is especially true since the ports collection that is installed
>   isn't a portsnap snapshot, but looks like a snapshot from cvs instead,
>   which is not what most users will want.

It's not clear to me how to generate a portsnap snapshot and package it.
I think it would be useful for this to happen, however: if anyone can
provide guidance on this point, we can get it in.

I also disagree strongly with the rest of this bug, which has already
been closed once. Most users will want ports -- having it checked by
default is entirely sensible.
-Nathan