New BSDinstall ISOs

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Fri Jan 28 23:03:51 UTC 2011

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 16:02:15 -0600
Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Following requests from many people, it is now possible to revise
> setup for the new OS after going through the configuration steps and
> before committing and rebooting (this is *almost* a back button).
> ISOs for i386 and amd64 that implement this change, as well as
> several other improvements, can be found here:

I found a few issues:

1. An empty label in the partition editor shows up as (null) when
modifying the partition.
2. Create a single partition covering the entire disk with a GPT
scheme and you get prompted to create a freebsd-boot partition. It
displays an error saying there's no space left but displays the
freebsd-boot partition in the list.
3. Modifying freebsd-ufs to freebsd-zfs in the partition editor seems
to confuse bsdinstall - I know ZFS probably isn't supported.
4. Going back into bsdinstall after installation and going through the
steps again failed when it tried to extract (null)/kernel.tgz . It said
it was an invalid URL scheme.

--
Bruce Cran