BSDInstall: I want the bikeshed painted plaid

Garrett Cooper yanegomi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 02:35:25 UTC 2011

On Jan 2, 2011, at 6:06 PM, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:

> FWIW;
>
> There was yet another attempt some time ago:
>
> http://www.bsdinstaller.org/
>
> And in some old news they were claiming:
>
> May 7, 2009
>
> Work has started to add missing features of sysinstall to BSDInstaller. The hope is that it will be feature complete in time for FreeBSD 9.0 release.

	It's lua based. Looks great according to the screenshots (and probably in better shape than the proposed prototype by folks with pc-sysinstall with the web interface), but it ain't gonna happen unless core/other folks central to the project agree to adding another interpreted language in to base. I doubt that it would be a drop in place working prototype though given that geom is a lot different between DragonFlyBSD and FreeBSD.
	Feel free to prove me wrong :).
Thanks,
-Garrett