Install media terminology

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Mon Jun 21 17:33:30 UTC 2010

A couple of days ago I got the message "Couldn't clone install floppy to the
root filesystem". That got me thinking: since we don't support install
floppies any more, should we change the wording to "image", since I presume
it's cloning a filesystem image to the root partition. Likewise, should we
continue to mention CD/DVD, and in the future have CD/DVD/Blu-ray, or should
we simplify it to "media", or just say "CD"? I know it's really trivial but
the less verbose the wording the more people are likely to actually read it
I'd guess!

--
Bruce Cran