Proposal for new `post-install userland configuration utility'

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Sun Jul 11 13:46:14 UTC 2010

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 09:18:46 -0700
Garrett Cooper <yanegomi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, that's the idea that I had in mind for sysinstall, because it
> does a lot more than it needs to today.

Has anyone done a survey to see if users think it does too much, or
that they only use X % of its functionality? I think we need to be
careful before ripping features out. Debian and Slackware both seem to
have installers with the same feature set as sysinstall, so we need to
watch out in case we put less experienced users off using FreeBSD by
ending up with a very basic system they'll have trouble getting started
with.

--
Bruce Cran