Sysinstall install.cfg

Thomas Toka / www.serverman.de webmaster at serverman.de
Thu Jul 1 17:21:08 UTC 2010

Hi there,

first of all sorry for posting here and there...
I am new to freebsd sysinstall and did not know where to ask till i was
redirected here...

Ok so my goal is to script a automated freebsd install.

I have followed this howto:
http://www.locolomo.org/howto/pxeboot/article.html

I have tweaked here and there...

i start my mfsroot with:

mfsroot_load="YES"
mfsroot_type="mfs_root"
mfsroot_name="/boot/mfsroot_tftp"
vfs.root.mountfrom="ufs:/dev/md0"
init_path="/stand/sysinstall"
init_script="/etc/rc.jumpstart"
init_shell="/bin/sh"

My install.conf looks like this:

## install.cfg
debug="YES"
tryDHCP="YES"
ifconfig_em0="DHCP"
netDev="em0"
hostname="jumpstart"
domainname=serverman.de
command=/stand/boot_crunch ifconfig em0 up
system
command=/stand/boot_crunch dhclient em0
system
command=/stand/boot_crunch ftp -o /stand/hostinstall.cfg
http://192.168.1.15/hostinstall.cfg
system
command=/stand/sysinstall configFile=/stand/hostinstall.cfg loadConfig

So what i want to do ist fire up em0, start dhcplient, load
hostinstall.cfg and execute this.

Only thing that happens ist that the installer starts and i can choose
language.

I habe scripte all systems linke debian (preseed), suse (autoyast),
centos (ks) and others...

So i know i a m not far away...

There must be some variable like nonInteractive but i could not manage
even if i added theme...

I see the output of debug on F2 but it is not executed.

How to manage this?

Thanks...

--
Viele Grüsse aus Menden