Funky-See, Funky-Do (nonInteractive UFS1 specification)

Garrett Cooper gcooper at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 3 01:58:31 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Devin Teske <dteske at vicor.com> wrote:
> Let's have some fun. And while we're at it, contribute a patch that may
> benefit others.

> Also note that with the above patch, the last column is optional,
> allowing us to retain backward compatibility with the old format (which
> lacks our new column). Only the first three columns are required.

Well... yeah... but specifying 1 1 really doesn't make sense because
softupdates only exist in UFS2+ ;)...

Thought: why not just make the last `column' feed into a program as
options, like '-j enable -U', '-O1', etc...? Seems a bit more portable
and tunable ;)...

It's a simple enough patch though, and looks ok.

Thanks,
-Garrett