SPARC vs. the MPSAFE TTY layer

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Thu Jun 26 08:44:23 UTC 2008

Hello all,

[CC'ing this to sun4v instead of sparc64]

* John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 June 2008 02:34:01 pm Ed Schouten wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > There are actually two things which should be of interest to the SPARC
> > people:
> >
> > - The Sun4V console driver does not compile anymore. It needs some work
> >   to get it back to a usable state. I don't own a Sun4V machine, which
> >   means I can't fix it.
>
> You can make it compile though via 'make buildkernel TARGET=sun4v'.

I took some time this morning to port the hvcons driver to the new TTY
layer. I don't own any sun4v hardware, so I couldn't test it.

Could someone owning a sun4v box please test my MPSAFE TTY patchset?
Please download the latest patch at:

	http://www.il.fontys.nl/~ed/projects/mpsafetty/patches/

mpsafetty-20080626.diff.gz and later should include the changes to
hvcons.c. Thanks!

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/