FreeBSD Port: sysutils/fuser

Stanislav Sedov ssedov at mbsd.msk.ru
Mon Sep 11 01:58:58 PDT 2006

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:48:26 +0100
Roy Marples <uberlord at gentoo.org> mentioned:

> Hi
>
> I'm currently adding FreeBSD support to Gentoo baselayout rc system. We use
> the linux fuser tool a bit, and rely on the return value being non zero of no
> files are in use on the requested mount points.
>
> Attached is a patch that enables the same in FreeBSD

But POSIX says the following:
EXIT STATUS

    The following exit values shall be returned:

     0
        Successful completion.
    >0
        An error occurred.

So, as I understand correctly, we should return 0 in this case.

I CC'ed the message to freebsd-standards, I hope we'll have
a productive discussion.

I'm the author of this utility, so all changes can be integrated upstream,
if needed.

--
Stanislav Sedov         MBSD labs, Inc.         <ssedov at mbsd.msk.ru>
Россия, Москва         http://mbsd.msk.ru

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.  -- A. Einstein
PGP fingerprint:  F21E D6CC 5626 9609 6CE2  A385 2BF5 5993 EB26 9581