Import of the cflow utility to conform to POSIX

Marcus von Appen mva at sysfault.org
Fri May 26 04:41:40 PDT 2006

On, Fri May 26, 2006, Jens Schweikhardt wrote:

[...]
> I expect some argument about making it part of src/ when a port is
> available. You would counter that if your version does something that
> devel/cflow can not do or your version does better. As a minimum

I am currently enhancing large parts of it to be ready for the complete
C99 and POSIX standard recognition (exclude/ignore support) as well as
rewriting part of it as those are not that standard/POSIX conformous and
platform compatible (e.g. bash/gmake dependencies, many GCC warnings, if
compiled with warning flags, etc.pp.).

> requirement it would have to correctly process what we have in the src
> tree. (I never tested if devel/cflow can do this).
>
> As for basing your work on devel/cflow, I looked at the source and it
> says it was put in the public domain by Andrew Moore. However there are
> a lot of other authors mentioned. IANAL, but I question if someone can
> put something in the PD if it's not 100% his own and without asking all
> other contributors. To avoid all these questions, a reimplementation
> from scratch with ideas (but not verbatim code) taken from devel/cflow
> would be best. A BSD licensed and style(9) conformant result would
> certainly be appreciated.

Several parts of the current code have to be dropped anyways in favour
for a better structure and implementation, so a complete rewrite might
be the best. There are several other derived works on the current
FreeBSD port source available in the internet, so this would lower
possible copyright infringements.

I'll go ahead and will post my results as soon as a first part is done.

Regards
Marcus