BeleniX enhances to FreeBSD's math lib.

pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 2 22:45:12 UTC 2006

Hi;

Due to some initial license restirctions on the OpenSolaris source code,
SchilliX did a port of FreeBSD's libm that was adopted by the other OpenSolaris
ditributions.

BeleniX did some updates recently to make the math lib more compatible with
SUN's:
http://sarovar.org/projects/belenix/

Moinak Ghosh kindly sent me a small tarball with changes to infinity.c (it's in
libc on FreeBSD but in libm on Solaris) and some updates to libm. He also
previously mentioned: "I can remember off the top of my head
is the addition of isinf* and nan* functions. The nan*
functions are wrappers over the strto* functions."

These are part of the C99 & POSIX Conformance Project todo list.

Unfortunately I won't be able to look at this stuff as my house was broken into
and my computer stolen, I sent a copy to das@ and bde@ but if someone is
interested in taking over, I'll be glad to send a copy of the BeleniX patches
that survived.

cheers,

    Pedro.