[CFR] correct type of addrinfo.ai_addrlen and netent.n_net

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at freebsd.org
Thu Jun 2 13:50:26 PDT 2005

Hi,

>>>>> On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 16:38:11 -0400 (EDT)
>>>>> Daniel Eischen <deischen at freebsd.org> said:

deischen> struct addrinfo.  I am under the assumption that getnetbyaddr() only
deischen> breaks libc compat which has already been bumped.  Changing that
deischen> has no effect on other libraries, right?

Okay, thanks.  Yes, getnetbyaddr(3) issue breaks only libc, and other
libs doesn't refer getnet*(3).

> deischen> When symbol versioning comes, you should be able to remove
> deischen> the padding without bumping library versions and producing
> deischen> imcompatibilities.
>
> It's curious.  Is there any plan to provide symbol versioning?

deischen> I recall seeing some mention of it (by kan@ ?) on some site or
deischen> posting talking about the recent BSDCan.

Oh, it's great!

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/