PATCH for a more-POSIX `ps', and related adventures

Jacques A. Vidrine nectar at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 25 06:51:26 PST 2004

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 01:18:22PM -0500, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> Great.  So what should I do here?

I dunno.  Add a completely POSIX compliant ps command into
/usr/posix ?  Or replace /usr/bin/ps with a completely POSIX
compliant ps and move our traditional one to /usr/ucb? :-)

Seriously, we should give some hard thought into how to
provide/migrate to a POSIX compatible utilities environment.  It's
been discussed on the lists before, but I still believe providing
POSIX compatible versions of utilities on a separate path is the only
clean way to make this happen.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine / nectar at celabo.org / jvidrine at verio.net / nectar at freebsd.org