Fwd: Re: ports/52016: New port: lang/harbour - A Clipper-compatible compiler

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Jan 8 13:11:21 PST 2004

Hello.  I'm a ports committer trying to help a submitter get a port ready
for inclusion in the tree.  This problem is clearly outside my league, so
any suggestions on how I can help him would be appreciated.

mcl

[mcl's cited compile error:]

 > ../../../../source/rtl/bsd/gcc/librtl.a(filesys.o): In function
 > `hb_fsCommit':
 > /usr/ports/lang/harbour/work/harbour/source/rtl/bsd/gcc/../../filesys.c:14
 >92: undefined reference to `fdatasync'

[the submitter replied:]

 The hb_fsCommit function in filesys.c only attempts to use fdatasync if
 _POSIX_SYNCHRONIZED_IO is defined, so this error appears to be due to a bug
 in the POSIX library implementation in GCC on -current. The fdatasync
 function is a POSIX function that appears to me to be mandated to be
 present, even if unimplemented, if _POSIX_SYNCHRONIZED_IO is defined in
 unistd.h.

I'm not sure if I should add a FreeBSD-specific workaround for the second
error based on certain (currently  unknown to me) values of __GNUC__ or
what...