standards/60772: _Bool and bool should be unsigned

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Sun Jan 4 14:30:22 PST 2004

The following reply was made to PR standards/60772; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at>
To: Bruce Evans <bde at zeta.org.au>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: standards/60772: _Bool and bool should be unsigned
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 22:23:46 +0000

 On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 05:40:15AM -0800, Bruce Evans wrote:

 >  We have gcc's stdbool.h in RELENG_4 but don't install it.  It uses:
 >
 >  % typedef enum
 >  %   {
 >  %     false = 0,
 >  %     true = 1
 >  %   } bool;
 >
 >  This causes slightly different problems than typedef "int bool".  I
 >  noticed the following:

 Also, the standard requires that bool, true, and false are #defines.

 Tony.
 MULL OF KINTYRE TO ARDNAMURCHAN POINT: SOUTH VEERING SOUTHWEST AT 4 OR 5
 LOCALLY 6, DECREASING 3 OR 4 FOR A TIME. RAIN FOR MUCH OF THE TIME. MODERATE
 DECREASING POOR AT TIMES. MODERATE TO ROUGH.