Kernel fails to boot after update

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Mon May 25 18:48:37 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 11:42:34AM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> Put  "PORTS_MODULES=emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod" into /etc/src.conf and
> it will be rebuilt when the kernel is built. Add others ports that install
> kernel modules as well. Space delimit multiple modules. (The documentation
> is not too clear about multiple modules.

For documentation, see the "VARIABLE ASSIGNMENTS" section of make(1).

For an example, here's what I do:

g1-254(10.1-S)[1] cat /etc/src.conf
KERNCONF=CANARY
PORTS_MODULES=x11/nvidia-driver
PORTS_MODULES+=multimedia/cuse4bsd-kmod
PORTS_MODULES+=emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod
g1-254(10.1-S)[2]

(I find that placing each module on a separate line makes it easier to
read & update.)

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Those who murder in the name of God or prophet are blasphemous cowards.