trimming... Re: I need some swap partion help on new 10.1 install

grenville armitage garmitage at swin.edu.au
Fri Jan 9 00:06:04 UTC 2015

On 01/09/2015 09:38, Ian Lepore wrote:
	[..]
> Yeah, it's horrible.  Really the only worse thing that could happen is
> that someone could strip away all the context

Fair enough. You think eliding context is a bad thing. I think there's
a balance to be had -- every email does not need to be a self-contained
archive of a thread's history. This particular thread seemed to have
reached an educational conclusion, so some meta-discussion is hardly
a capital offence.

>  and change the thread into
> a metadiscussion that just deteriorates into a bunch of AOL-like "me
> too" replies.

That would indeed be unfortunate.

cheers,
gja