Snapshots that won't delete [was: Re: ZFS on root booting...]

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Mon Sep 15 06:22:14 UTC 2014

On 14/09/2014 16:27, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> On 13/09/2014 07:14, Shane Ambler wrote:
>> On 12/09/2014 16:03, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>>> Look for it in `mount` output.
>>
>> There is no entry in mount or df for the snapshot
>
> Sorry, to see the mounted snapshots mount -v is needed.

The first one is 3 or 4 weeks old, the second around a week and the
third would be what blocked the snapshots night before last. That one
I'm not sure about, while I moved some tarballs out of distfiles the
other day I don't recall going to a snapshot copy.

The snapshot names of the first two are the names in use when accessed
not the now re-named un-destroyable snapshots.

I'll keep the third around for a while if you want before and after
data. It is still part of a full pool snapshot while the first two are
now only one filesystem of a snapshot.

zrpleader/home/shane at daily.01 on /home/shane/.zfs/snapshot/daily.01
(zfs, local, noatime, nosuid, read-only, nfsv4acls, fsid ddb4b4b8ded439f9)

zrpleader/home/shane/tutorials at daily.01 on
/home/shane/tutorials/.zfs/snapshot/daily.01 (zfs, local, noatime,
nosuid, read-only, nfsv4acls, fsid 62f418bedebc38cb)

zrpleader/usr/ports/distfiles at daily.01 on
/usr/ports/distfiles/.zfs/snapshot/daily.01 (zfs, local, noatime,
nosuid, read-only, nfsv4acls, fsid f88fb727de003ca6)

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Serving Data

Shane Ambler