FreeBSD 10.1-RC4 Now Available

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Mon Nov 3 06:54:55 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2 Nov 2014 19:43:44 +0000, Glen Barber wrote:

[dropping re@]

 > Note to consumers of the dvd1.iso image: The packages included on the
 > dvd will not be recognized by bsdconfig(8), and the cause is being
 > investigated.  The packages, however, can be installed manually.

Where is this issue being discussed?  I just browsed October -current@
archives, seeing no mention, and -sysinstall@ (dead since August, last
real discussion in June, giving the last - terrifying! - list of PRs ..)

I'm soon to find out if this issue affects 9.3 also, on a memstick made
from the DVD.  I reported similar problems re 10.0-R (to questions@ cc
Devin) and what I thought _might_ be a fix, but heard nothing back.

cheers, Ian