HEADS UP: merged llvm/clang 3.4

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 22 14:37:41 UTC 2014

On 22 Mar 2014, at 13:06, Jakub Lach <jakub_lach at mailplus.pl> wrote:
> http://pastebin.com/LXT4PiVt
>
> (Tried commenting out all optimize options,
> no difference, always boost-libs is build with -O3)
>
> FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE #0 r263539 amd64
>
> I think libc++ is default now.

Currently, it looks like your problem is caused by the "penryn" CPUTYPE.
For some reason, this enables boost's 128 bit support, and it leads to
problems later on.  I'm still investigating what the exact cause is.

For now, I would choose another CPUTYPE, or just not specify any CPUTYPE
at all.  The reason is that in the clang source code, there is the
following comment about the Penryn model:

    /// This enumerator, like \see CK_Yonah, is a bit odd. It is another
    /// codename which GCC no longer accepts as an option to -march, but Clang
    /// has some logic for recognizing it.
    // FIXME: Warn, deprecate, and potentially remove this.
    CK_Penryn,
    //@}

E.g. it looks like this particular type is an odd one.  Apparently gcc
already removed it, but I have no idea why.

-Dimitry