Problem compiling 9.3-RC1 on 9.2-RC4

Thomas Mueller mueller6724 at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 26 21:55:51 UTC 2014

> I am unable to reproduce this on 9.2-RELEASE with 'device pf' and
> 'device mptable' added to the GENERIC kernel.

> Did you start the build with a clean /usr/obj ?

> If not, can you please try with an empty /usr/obj ?

> Glen

How much space do you need to allow for /usr/obj?

I ask because of the suggestion of having a separate partition for /usr/obj.

I don't remember whether this was for NetBSD or FreeBSD, but the primciple is the same either way.

You then clean out all the old stuff with newfs, and mount on /usr/obj.

I've been having trouble with a couple failed builds for FreeBSD-current, latter failure being after "make cleandir".

On MSI Z77 MPOWER motherboard, only internet connectability is by Hiro H50191 USB-stick wireless adapter, device rsu, only for FreeBSD >= 10.0, and this is unstable.  Ethernet re(4) fails on a bug common to (Free, Open and DragonFly)BSD but connects for Linux, NetBSD and Haiku.

So I am now in an environment where there is no copy-amd-paste, and X won't start, can't find screen/display, so many things clumsy as in Murphy's-Law-OS:

NetBSD amelia2 6.99.44 NetBSD 6.99.44 (NetBSD-HEAD amd64.nb7-20140619) #0: Thu Jun 19 17:32:40 UTC 2014  root at amelia2:/BETA1/usr/obj/BETA1/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/SANDY7 amd64

I have devel/subversion, from NetBSD pkgsrc, successfully installed on this USB-stick NetBSD installation.  That works to update FreeBSD src, ports and doc trees.

Tom